Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Meet Instructor: Meghan Fidge

Q: Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Michigan.  I've lived in Northville my entire life and am an alumni of Northville High School.

Q:What inspired you to become an instructor?
I had an internship in high school at Poise Pilates where I was introduced to the world of Pilates equipment classes.  It made me better at Pom Pon and I got hooked.  Pilates is something you can do at any age and ability which is what makes it so unique.  Its very fulfilling to have a  flexible career where I'm able to teach people how to lead happy, healthy lives. 

Certifications:
  • American Council on Exercise (ACE) Personal Trainer Certification
  • TRX Suspension Training Certification
  • Core Dynamics Pilates Certification
  • Associates Degree in English Creative Writing and Specialization in Kinesiology Health Promotion (MSU) 

Q: How long have you been instructing?
I've been teaching Pilates since 2008.  In 2011, I began teaching personal training and TRX.

Q: What types of classes do you teach at Core Sport?
I teach Pilates Mat, Pilates Tower, Supermodel Slim and TRX.


My favorite class to teach is Pilates Mat (but really anything with Pilates).  There are over 500 exercises in the system and it never gets dull.  You can do the same exercise on the mat, add a prop or take it to the equipment and its completely different.  Pilates is highly detailed yet will improve your posture and take inches off your body in no time!

Previous places of employment:
  • Poise Pilates Northville, Michigan
  • Synergy Pilates West Bloomfield, Michigan 
  • Franklin Athletic Club Southfield, Michigan
  • YMCA (Lansing, Dewitt, Livonia, and Farmington Hills)
Currently also teaches at:
  • Livonia Community Rec Center


Hobbies/Interests:
I love gymnastics, horseback riding, watching movies, comic books, knitting, blogging about fitness (ThePilatesHundred) and my cat Fizzle.


Q: What's on your "Bucket List"?
Write a novel, run a marathon, bungee jump, play the guitar, and travel (Hawaii, Alaska, California, Australia).

Favorite Quote:
"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."


Meghan can help you transform your body and find your passion for fitness.  Schedule an appointment today!

No comments: